Haemostasis and Thrombosis
Research in the area of coagulation disorders involves finding out the molecular basis of different coagulation factor deficiencies, pathophysiology of the diseases, factors affecting the severity of the disease, genetic predisposition to development of inhibitors, detection of mutations in haemophilia A and other coagulation factor deficiencies, molecular carrier and prenatal diagnoses of haemophilia and other bleeding disorders, gene expression studies in all the unique variants, exploring the fibrinolytic pathway and the platelet receptors to explain unexplained bleeding disorders, Molecular diagnosis of NAITP, development of different cost effective techniques for diagnosis and so on.
In the area of thrombosis, a lot of work is being done on the predisposing risk factors for thrombosis in different high risk groups, such as, to find out the mechanism and regulation of procoagulant cell surfaces, identification of biomarkers of the subclinical prothrombotic state that can be useful in early detection and diagnosis of the disease process, role of microparticles and role of other coagulation factors in explaining the unexplained thrombosis in vast majority of patients. There is an acute shortage of diagnostic centers for bleeding and thrombotic disorders in the country. ICMR- NIIH has been involved in the development of human resource by regular training programmes, being a recognized training centre for diagnosis of Haemophilia by the World Federation of Haemophilia (WFH).
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Email ID|
|1||Dr. Shrimati Shetty||Scientist Femail@example.com|
|2||Dr. Bipin Kulkarni||Scientist Cfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Rucha Patil||Scientist Bemail@example.com|
|4||Ms. Sharda D. Shanbhag||Technical Assistant|
|5||Mr. Nikesh Kawankar||Technical Assistant|
|6||Ms. Kirti Ghargi||Technical Assistant|
|7||Ms. Anjali Nandgaonkar||Technician C|
|8||Mr. Santosh Naik||Lab Assistant|
|9||Ms.Puja Soni||Research Assistant|
|10||Dr. Priyanka Kasatkar (ICMR-PDF)||Post doctoral Fellows|
|11||Dr. Tejasvita Gaikwad (SERB -PDF)||Post doctoral Fellows|
- A rapid nanoparticle-based lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of von Willebrand factor and alloantibodies to von Willebrand factor and procoagulant factor FVIII from human plasma samples (Funded By ICMR Medical Innovation Scheme, 2017 - 2019).
- Modulation of the function of activated protein C(APC) to improve the clinical phenotype of haemophilia A (Funded By ICMR, 2015 - 2018 )
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of antithrombin (AT) deficiency in Indian patients with thrombosis ( Funded By ICMR, 2015 - 2018)
- Increasing the hemostatic potential of recombinant factor VIII by combining it with platelet-derived microparticles / synthetic phospholipid vesicles containing phospatidylserine (Funded By SERB, 2016 - 2018)
- Clinical spectrum and molecular basis of thrombotic microangiopathies ( Funded By ICMR, 2016 - 2019)
- Assessment of diagnostic tests for monitoring bypassing agent therapy in Hemophilia patients with inhibitors ( Funded By DHR, 2016 - 2019)
- Defects in the fibrinolytic pathway as a cause of bleeding disorder in Indian patients (Funded By ICMR – SRF Project, 2017 - 2019)
- Disorders of Fibrinolysis as a cause of thrombophilia in Indian patients with Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) (Funded By ICMR, 2014- 2017)
- Assessing the role of cell – Derived microparticles in Dengue virus infection (Funded By ICMR Post Doctoral Fellowship, 2016 - 2017)