- Blood Group Reference Centre was recognized as a 'National Reference Laboratory by WHO in 1970.
- Dr.H.M.Bhatia was nominated as a member on the 'International Committee on Standardization in Haematology for Blood Collection and Containers' in 1972.
- Regional Training Institute for Blood Banking (Recognised by WHO) in 2004.
- Training Centre for genetic diagnosis of hemophilias (Recognised by World Federation of Hemophilia), 2000.
- The Institutes web site is included by International Centre for Scientific Research (ICSR) under their list of research institutes in the world.
- Federation of Hemophilia recognized Training centre.