Dr. Malay Mukherjee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone : (+91-22-24138518/19)
Department : Haemogenetics.
- M.Sc. Pune University
- Ph.D University of Mumbai (Applied Biology 1997)
- Life member of Indian Society of Human Genetics
- Life member of Bombay Hematology Group
- Life member of Molecular Pathology Association of India
- Population Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
Awards & Achievements
- Awarded "Dr B.C.Mehta Diamond Jubilee Endowment" prize for the best article in the original article section of the Indian Journal of Hematology & Blood Transfusion, entitled "Hemoglobin S quantitation in sickle cell heterozygotes among a tribal group of Valsad and scheduled caste population of Nagpur” in the year 1994.
- Awarded BGRC best paper prize for the young scientist in 37th Annual conference of Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion at Chandigarh in November 96. The title of the paper was "Molecular genetics of sickle cell anemia with diverse clinical expression in the two population groups in western India ". Awarded ( ICMR BGRC Silver Jubilee Oration Award for the year 2010.)
- Undergone training in basic molecular biology techniques like Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis (DGGE), Southern blotting and DNA sequencing at INSERM-U120, Hospital Robert Debre, Paris, France for a period of eight months (1.6.93 to 26.1.94) under Indo-French collaborative project entitled "Molecular genetics of major hemoglobinopathis in India"
- Attended and presented a paper in 25th Annual National Sickle Cell Centre Meeting Held at New York, USA from 13th to 17th April 2001.
- Attended and presented paper in 11th International Congress of Human Genetics held at Brisbane, Australia from 6th to 10th August 2006.
- Invited as a WHO Advisor to the Evidence Review Group meeting on Point of Care G6PD Testing to support safe use of Primaquine for the Treatment of Vivax Malaria held at Geneva, Switzerland from 8th to 9th October 2014 and delivered a talk on “Influence of individual G6PD genetic variants found in India on severity of hemolysis”.
- S. L. Kate, G. D. Mokashi, V. A. Khedkar, and M. Mukherjee (1984) : Prevalence of Hemoglobin E in ten population groups of West Bengal. Ind J Hematol 4 : 221 – 223.
- M. Sathe. A .C. Gorakshakar, V. R. Rao, M. Mukherjee, K. Vasantha, and H. M. Bhatia (1987) : Red cell genetic abnormalities in the tribes of five districts of Madhya Pradesh. Ind J Med Res 86 : 808-811.
- M. S. Sathe, A. C. Gorakshakar, V. R. Rao, M. Mukherjee, K. Vasantha and H. M. Bhatia : Red cell abnormalities in the tribes of five districts of Madhya Pradesh. In’ Contemporary Studies in Human Genetics ‘Eds Roy SB, Chowdhury A, Sarkar B. Ind. Inst. Bio-Social Res. & Develop. Calcutta,1990.
- S. H. Joshi, A. C. Gorakshakar, M. Mukherjee, V. R. Rao, M. S. Satha, S. M. Anbhavane and (late) H. M. Bhatia (1990) : Prevalence of HBsAg carriers among some tribes of Madhya Pradesh. Ind J Med Res 91 : 340-343.
- M. Mukherjee, S. H. Joshi, V. R. Rao, A. C. Gorakshakar and M. S. Sathe (1990) : Prevalence of Hepatitis B surface antigen among some tribes of Madhya Pradseh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. J Ind Anthrop Soc 25 : 68-72.
- M. Mukherjee, V. R. Rao, S. D. Agarwal, K. Vasantha, A. C. Gorakshakar M. S. Sathe (1990) : A1A2BO, MN, RH blood group markers in tribes of Raipur district, Madhya Pradesh (India). Gene Geog 4 : 125-130.
- V. C. Mudera, M. Mukherjee, M. P. Dolas and R. B. Colah (1991) : Glucose6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency - A large survey of fourteen different caste groups from Bombay. Ind Anthrop 21 : 37-42.
- Z. Sayyed, M. B. Mukherjee,V. C. Mudera,R. Colah and S. Gupte (1992) : Characterization of G6PD Rohini - a new class III Indian variant. Ind J Med Res 96 : 96-100.
- Collaborative study on thalassemia (1993) : Report of ICMR Task Force study. Indian Council of Medical Research.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Gangakhedkar and M. S. Sathe (1993) : Abnormal hemoglobin, G6PD deficiency and their pattern of interaction in tribal population of Valsad district, Gujarat. Ind J Hematol & Blood Trans 11 : 227-231.
- M. B. Mukherjee and R. R. Gangakhedkar (1994) : Hemoglobin S quantitation in sickle cell heterozygotes among a tribal group of Valsad and scheduled caste population of Nagpur. Ind J Hematol & Blood Transf 12 : 219-224.
- M. B. Mukherjee, C. Y. Lu, R. B. Colah, M. D. Kadam, R. Ducroq, D. Mohanty and R. Krishnamoorthy (1994) : Alpha thalassemia is a major modulator of the clinical expression of sickle cell disease in Western India . Nouv Rev Franc Hemat 36 : 14a.
- C. Y. Lu, B. Dalle, M. B. Mukherjee, R. Krishnamoorthy, J. Elion and C. Lapoumeroulie (1994) : Recombination diversity in S chromosomes . Nouv Rev Franc Hemat 36 : 18a.
- C, Lapourmeroulie, M. B. Mukherjee, A. C. Gorakshakar, L. M. Tshilolo, R.Ducroq, J. Elion, R. Krishnamoorthy and D. Labie (1994) : Alpha thalassemia is not the only genetic determinant modulating the phenotypic expression of hemoglobin S in carriers . Br J Hemat (Suppl-1) 87 : 62a.
- V. C. Mudera, M. B. Mukherjee, Z. Sayyed and V. R. Rao (1995) : Biochemical characterization of a fast moving G6PD variant - G6PD ' INSULI'. Ind J Hum Genet 1 : 27-32.
- M. D. Kadam, M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah, R. R. Gangakhedkar and D. Mohanty (1996) : Is fetal hemoglobin level a prognostic indicator for the severity of sickle cell disease? Ind J Hum Genet 2 : 43-49.
- M. B. Mukherjee ( 1996 ) : Molecular genetics of sickle cell disease in western India and its correlation with hematological and clinical profile. PhD thesis, University of Mumbai.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah, K. Ghosh, D. Mohanty and R. Krishnamoorthy (1997) : Milder clinical course of sickle cell disease in patient with alpha thalassemia in the Indian sub continent. Blood 89 : 732.
- M. B. Mukherjee, C. Y. Lu, R. Ducrocq , R. R. Gangakhedkar, R. B. Colah, M. D. Kadam, D. Mohanty, R. L. Nagel and R. Krishnamoorthy (1997) : The effect of alpha thalassemia on sickle cell anemia linked to the Arab-Indian haplotype among a tribal and non-tribal population in India. Am J Hematol 55 : 104 - 109.
- R. B. Colah, A. H. Nadkarni, M. B. Mukherjee, A. C. Gorakshakar, R. Surve and D. Mohanty (1997) : -thalassemia heterozygotes with -globin gene triplication. Br J Hematol 97 : 506 - 507.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. Surve, A. Tamankar, R. R. Gangakhedkar, K. Ghosh,C. Y. Lu, R. Krishnamoorthy, R. Colah and D. Mohanty ( 1998 ) : The influence of -thalassemia on the hematological and clinical expression of sickle cell disease in western India. Ind J Med Res 107 : 178 -181.
- K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah and D. Mohanty (1998): Retinal changes in the sickle cell anemia in western India. Ind J Hematol & Blood Transf 16 : 3 - 6.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. Surve, A. Tamankar, R. Colah and D. Mohanty (1998) : Trimodal distribution of HbS levels in sickle heterozygotes – An useful predictor of -genotype for population screening. Ind J Med Res 108 : 285 – 290.
- U. Shankarkumar, K. Ghosh, S. Gupte, M. B. Mukherjee and D. Mohanty (1999) Distribution of HLA antigens in Bhils and Pawars of Dhadgaon, Maharashtra, India. J Hum Ecol 10 : 173 – 178.
- A. Pawar, S. Shetty, S. Nair, S. Anabhavane, K. Ghosh, M. Mukherjee, R. Surve, U. Shankarkumar and D. Mohanty ( 1999 ) The prevalence of factor V Leiden mutation in Indians . Ind J Hum Genet ( Suppl ) 5 : 74a.
- R.R.Surve, S.LKate, S.B.Nagtilak, A.A.Tamankar, M.Wadia, M.Mukherjee, R.B.Colah, K.Ghosh and D.Mohanty ( 1999 ) Comparison of automated hemoglobin variant testing system and hemoglobin electrophoresis with solubility test for the detection of Hemoglobin S . Ind J Hum Genet (Suppl) 5 : 86a.
- A. Pawar, K. Ghosh, S. Shetty, A. Khare, U. Shankarkumar, M. Mukherjee, S. Nair, A. Pathare, F. Jijina, M. Madakaikar, D. Mohanty (1999) Prevalence of factor V leiden in western India population and in various young patients with thrombotic disorders. Ind J hematol & Blood Transf (Suppl) 17 : 9a.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Surve, K. Ghosh, R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty (2000) Clinical diversity of sickle cell disease in western India – Influence of genetic factors. Acta Hematol 103 : 122 – 123.
- R. R. Surve, M. B. Mukherjee, S. L. Kate, S. B. Nagtilak, M. Wadia, A. A. Tamankar, K. Ghosh, R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty (2000) Detection of the S gene : an evaluation of the solubility test against automated chromatography and hemoglobin electrophoresis. Br J Biomed Sci 57 : 292 - 294.
- K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Surve, U. Shankarkumar, S. L. Kate, S. B. Nagtilak, R. B. Colah, A. A. Tamankar, D. Mohanty (2000) Splenomegaly in school children in a remote tribal area of Dhule district, Maharashtra. Ind J Malariol 37 : 68 – 73.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Surve, A. C. Gorakshakar, R. R. Gangakhedkar, R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty (2001) Symptomatic presentation of a sickle cell heterozygote : An evaluation of genetic factors. Am J Hemat 66 : 307 - 308.
- K. M. Murhekar, M. V. Murhekar, M. B. Mukherjee, A. C. Gorakshakar, R. Surve, M. Wadia, S. Phanasgaonkar, S. Sukumar , R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty (2001) Red cell genetic abnormalities, - globin gene haplotypes, and APOB polymorphism in the Great Andamanese, A primitive negrito tribe of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Hum Biol 73 : 739 -744.
- D. Mohanty and M. B. Mukherjee (2002) Sickle cell disease in India. Curr Opin Hematol 9 : 117 - 122.
- D. Mohanty, R. B. Colah, A. C. Gorakshakar, A. H. Nadkarni, S. P. Phanasgaonkar, S. Shetty, K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee (2002) Genetic disorders in haematological practice in India. Commu Genet 5 : 197 - 200.
- K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee, U. Shankarkumar, S. L. Kate, S. B. Nagtilak, R. B. Colah, R. R. Surve, A. A. Tamankar, S. Sukumar, D. Mohanty. (2002) Clinical examination and hematological data in asymptomatic and apparently healthy school children in a bording school in a remote tribal area in Maharashtra state of India . Ind J Pub Health 46 : 61 - 65.
- D. Mohanty, S. Sukumar, M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah. (2003) G6PD deficiency and malaria in India. Am. J. Hematol. 72 : 150 -151.
- S. Sukumar, M.B. Mukherjee, R.B. Colah, D. Mohanty. (2003) Molecular characterisation of G6PD Insuli-A novel 989 CGC CAC (330 Arg His) mutation in the Indian population. Blood Cells Mol Dis 30 : 246 – 247.
- F. Jijina, K. Ghosh, M. Mukherjee, D. Mohanty. (2003) Hereditary spherocytosis in North India : Need for more extensive data. J Assoc Phys Ind 51 : 1025.
- M. B. Mukherjee. (2003) Molecular genetics of sickle cell disease : an overview. Immunohaematol Bull 34 : 1 – 11.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Surve, R. R. Gangakhedkar, K. Ghosh, R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty. (2004) -globin gene cluster heplotypes linked to S gene in Western India. Hemoglobin 28 : 157 – 161.
- D. Mohanty, M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah. (2004) Glucse-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in India. Ind J Pedat. 71 : 1 – 5.
- S. Sukumar , M.B. Mukherjee, R.B. Colah, D. Mohanty. (2004) Molecular basis of G6PD deficiency in India. Blood Cells Mol Dis 33 : 141 – 145.
- M.B.Mukherjee, R.R.Gangakhedkar (2004) Physical growth of children with sickle cell disease. Ind J Hum Genet 10 : 70 – 72.
- K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee, D. Mohanty (2005) Time to form a consortium to study the genetic polymorphism by using standard DNA markers (Editorial). Ind J Hum Genet 11 : 3.
- S Sukumar, M. B. Mukherjee R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty (2005) Two distinct Indian G6PD variants G6PD Jamnagar and G6PD Rohini caused by the same 949 G A mutation. Blood Cells Mol Dis 35: 193 - 195.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. R. Surve, R. R. Gangakhedkar, D. Mohanty, R. B. Colah (2005) Hemoglobin sickle D Punjab – a case report. Ind J Hum Genet 11 : 154 - 155.
- M. B. Mukherjee (2006) 11th International Congress on Human Genetics 2006. Ind J Hum Genet 12 : 152 – 153.
- R. Chalvam, M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah, D. Mohanty, K. Ghosh (2007) G6PD Namoru (208 T C) is the major polymorphic variant in the tribal populations in Southern India. Br J Haematol 136: 512-513.
- M. B. Mukherjee, R. B. Colah, S. Sukumar, R. Chalvam, D. Mohanty, K. Ghosh (2007) G6PD deficiency – Epidemiology and Molecular Genetics. In Colah R, Vasantha K, Shetty S (eds) “Proceedings International Conference on Emerging Trends in Haematology and Immunohaematology”. Institute of Immunohaematology (ICMR), Mumbai , pp 318 - 321.
- M. B. Mukherjee (2007) Genetic modulation on the phenotypic diversity of sickle cell disease. In Singh N, Qamra S.R, Bhat J, Sharma R..K, Rao K.V.K, Roy J, Kavishwar A (eds) “Proceedings of National Symposium on Tribal Health”, Regional Medical Research Centre for Tribal (ICMR), Jabalpur, pp 117 – 121.
- R. Chalvam , P. S. Kedar, R. B. Colah, K. Ghosh, M. B. Mukherjee (2008) A novel R198H mutation in the Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase gene in the tribal groups of the Nilgiris in Southern India. J Hum Genet 53 : 181 – 184.
- M. Mukherjee (2008) Contributor in Laboratory Manual for Screening, Diagnosis and Molecular Analysis of Hemoglobinopathies and Red Cell Enzymopathies, Ed by Mohanty D and Colah R, Bhalani Publishing House, Mumbai.
- M.B.Mukherjee (2008) : Laboratory diagnosis for sickle cell syndrome. J Commu Med 1 : 11 – 14.
- D. Mohanty, M.B. Mukherjee, R.B. Colah, M. Wadia, K. Ghosh, G.P. Chottray, Jain, Y. Italia, K. Ashokan, R. Kaul, D.K. Shukla, V. Muthuswamy (2008) : Iron Deficiency Anemia in Sickle Cell Disorders in India. Ind J Med Res 127 : 371 - 374.
- R Chalvam, R B Colah, D Mohanty, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2009): Molecular heterogeneity of Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency among the tribals in Western India. Blood Cells Mol Dis 43: 156 – 157.
- M B Mukherjee, V Tripathy, R B Colah, P K Solanki, K Ghosh, B M Reddy, D Mohanty (2009) : Microsatellite Diversity among the Primitive tribes of India. Ind J Hum Genet 15 : 114 - 120.
- D Mohanty, R B Colah, M B Mukherjee (eds) (2010): Intervention programme for nutritional anemia and hemoglobinopathies amongst some primitive tribal populations of India. A national multicentric task force study of ICMR. Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi.
- K Y Italia, F Jijina, D Jain, R Merchant, A H Nadkarni, M Mukherjee, K Ghosh, R B Colah (2010): The effect of UGT1A1 promoter polymorphism on bilirubin response to hydroxyurea therapy in hemoglobinopathies. Clin Biochem 43 : 1329 - 1332.
- M B Mukherjee, A H Nadkarni, A C Gorakshakar, K Ghosh, D Mohanty, R B Colah (2010) : Clinical, hematological and molecular variability of sickle cell - thalassemia in western India. Ind J Hum Genet 16 : 154 - 158.
- R Chalvam, R B Colah, D Mohanty, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2011): Restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) of the X chromosome linked glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) locus in India. Ann Hum Biol 38 : 106 - 109.
- D K Patel, S Patel, R S Mashon, P M Dash, M B Mukherjee (2011): Diverse phenotypic expression of sickle cell hemoglobin C disease in an Indian family. Ann Hematol 90 : 357 - 358.
- S D’silva, V Borse, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2011): Association of (GT)n repeats promoter polymorphism of heme oxygenase-1(HMOX-1) gene with serum bilirubin levels in healthy Indian adults. Genet Test Mol Biomark 15: 215-218.
- S D’Silva, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2012): G71R mutation of the UGT1A1 gene is not associated with neonatal hyperbilirubinemia in India. J Mat Fetal Neonatl Med 25 : 1833-1834.
- M B Mukherjee, Ghosh K (2012): Explaining anthropometric variations in sickle cell disease requires a multidimensional approach (Editorial). Ind J Hum Genet 18: 1-2.
- S D’Silva, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2013): UDP- glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 (UGT1A1) gene haplotypes and their effect on serum bilirubin concentration in healthy Indian adults. Gene 513: 36-39.
- K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2013): G6PD: A common enzyme deficiency with uncommon clinical manifestations. In S A Rathi and M B Agarwal (eds) “Haematology Today” Mumbai, pp 51 – 60.
- S D'Silva, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2013): Prevalence of clinically relevant (TA)n UGT1A1 promoter alleles in Indian neonates. Curr Sci 105: 446-447.
- M B Mukherjee (2013): Contribution of National Institute of Immunohaematology (NIIH) on tribal health research. Immunohaematol Bull 44: 3-10.
- R B Colah, M B Mukherjee, K Ghosh (2014): Sickle cell disease in India. Curr Opin Hematol 21: 215-223.
- S D’Silva, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2014): Combined effects of the UGT1A1 and OATP2 gene polymorphisms as major risk factor for unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia in Indian neonates. Gene 547: 18-22.
- A Chiddarwar, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2014): Genetic factors related to unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia amongst adults. Ind J Hum Genet (Suppl) 20: 21a.
- S L Martin, R Nanavati, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2014): Association of toll like receptor and CD14 genes polymorphisms with neonatal sepsis. Ind J Hum Genet (Suppl) 20: 70a.
- P Warang, R Devendra, S D’Silva, A Chiddarwar, P Kedar, K Ghosh, R Colah, M B Mukherjee (2015): Do UGT1A1 and HMOX1 gene promoter polymorphisms increase the risk of hyperbilirubinemia and gallstones in patients with hereditary spherocytosis? Ann Hematol 94: 169-171.
- K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee, R B Colah (2015): Hemoglobinopathies in tribal populations of India. Ind J Med Res 141: 505-508.
- R B Colah, M B Mukherjee, S Martin, K Ghosh (2015): Sickle cell disease in tribal populations in India. Ind J Med Res 141: 509-515.
- M B Mukherjee, R B Colah, S Martin, K Ghosh (2015): Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency among tribal populations of India – Country scenario. Ind J Med Res 141: 516-520.
- D Mohanty, M B Mukherjee, R B Colah, M Wadia, K Ghosh, G P Chottray, D Jain, Y Italia, K S Ashokan, R Kaul, D K Shukla, V Muthuswamy (2015). Spectrum of hemoglobinopathies among the primitive tribes: A multicentric study in India. Asia Pac J Public Health 27: NP562-571.
- A Chiddarwar, S D’Silva, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2017). Genetic variations in bilirubin metabolism genes and their association with unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia in adults. Ann Hum Genet ;81:11-19.
- P Mehta, D Upadhye, P Hariharan, K Italia, P Sawant, A Nadkarni, G Subramanian, M B Mukherjee (2017). Identification of High Oxygen affinity Haemoglobin (Hb Andrew-Minneapolis) in an Indian family. Int J Lab Hematol Apr;39(2):e51-e54.
- R Devendra, R Shanmugam, MPSS Singh, C P Vishwakarma, S Godbhole, N Singh, V Gupta, P Kedar, M B Mukherjee (2017). Identification of a novel S18F mutation causing glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency in a tribal family of Madhya Pradesh, Central India. Meta Gene 12: 130-133.
- P Warang, R Devendra, A Chiddarwar, V Gupta, D Mirgal, A Jadli, A Mohite, P Kedar, M Mukherjee (2017). Does novel P5’N-1 mutation in combination with G6PD Asahi in an Indian male contribute to Budd Chiari syndrome? Blood Cells Mol Dis 66: 8-10.
- S L Martin, S Desai, R Nanavati, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2018). Red cell distribution width and its association with mortality in neonatal sepsis. J Mat Fetal Neonatl Med DOI: 10.1080/14767058.2017.1421932.
- D Upadhye, R S Das, J Ray, S Acharjee, K Ghosh, R B Colah, M B Mukherjee (2018). Newborn Screening for Hemoglobinopathies and Red Cell Enzymopathies in Tripura State: A Malaria-Endemic State in Northeast India. Hemoglobin DOI/10.1080/03630269.2018.1428619.
- S L Martin, S Desai, R Nanavati, R B Colah, K Ghosh, M B Mukherjee (2018) Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW): Normative data in Indian neonates. J Ped Hematol Oncol
- Role of Erythroid Kruppel-like Factor (EKLF or KLF1) in Haemoglobinopathies (Funded By Department of Health Research (DHR), 2013-2018).
- Assessing the role of microRNAs in clinical severity of Thalassemia Patients, and its role in hydroxyurea mediated HbF induction (Funded By SERB, 2017- 2020).
- Role of telomere length and telomerase activity in clinical outcome of patients with hemoglobinopathies (Funded By Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), 2018-2020).
- Prevalence and molecular characterization of NADH-Cytochrome b5 reductase deficiency in India (Funded By ICMR, 2016 - 2018).
- Molecular characterization of undiagnosed cases of congenital hemolytic anemia using a multigene next-generation sequencing panel (Funded By DBT, 2017 - 2020).
- Red cell membrane pathology in Hereditary Spherocytosis (HS) in India (Funded By DST, 2017 – 2020).
- Understanding the Pathophysiological role of Microparticles and Ubiquitin proteasome system in Sickle cell disease (2017 – 2020).
- Micro Mapping of g6pd deficiency among the tribals of india and its importance for antimalarial therapy (Funded By ICMR, 2015 - 2018).
- Interim Satellite Centre on Hemoglobinopathies at Chandrapur, Maharashtra (Funded by ICMR, 2015-2020Funded by ICMR, 2015 - 2020)
- Implication of the Presence of Globin Gene Modifiers on Fetal Diagnosis of thalassemia and Sickle cell Disorders (Funded By ICMR, 2014 - 2017).
- Innate Immune receptors gene polymorphisms and their role as genetics determinants of infection in neonatal sepsis (Funded By ICMR, 2017).
- Oxidative stress in hereditary chronic hemolytic anemia and the protective effect of natural antioxidants – fermented papaya preparation, strawberry extract and photo peel: An in-vitro study (Funded by ICMR, 2014 - 2017).
- Quality Assurance Programme for Molecular and Prenatal Diagnosis of Haemoglobinopathies (Funded By DHR, 2013-2016).
- Establishment of Prenatal Diagnosis of Thalassemia Syndromes and Sickle Cell Disorders in Madhya Pradesh and Assam (Funded By icmr, 2014 - 2017)
|1||Mr. Ashish S. Chiddarwar||PhD Student|
|2||Mr. V. D.Umare||PhD Student|
|3||Ms. Priya Hariharan||PhD Student|
|4||Ms. Neha Kargutkar||PhD Student|
|5||Ms. Tejashree More||PhD Student|
|6||Ms. Rashmi Dongerdiye||JRF, PhD Student|
|7||Mr. Vinod Gupta||MSc Student|
|8||Ms. Varijakshi Gutthedhar||JRF|
|9||Dr. Rupali Pawar||SRF|
|10||Ms. Pallavi Mehta||MSc Student|
|11||Ms. Manju Gorivale||MSc Student|
|1||Mrs. Snehal Martin||SRF PhD Student|