Email: : email@example.com
Phone: (+91-22) 2413-8518/ 19
Fax (Office): +91-22-24138521
Department: (Clinical & Experimental Immunology)
- M.Sc. University of Mumbai
- PhD University of Mumbai
- Indian Immunology Society, India (IIS)
- Mumbai Hematology Group, India (MHG)
- Indian Society of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ISHI)
- Mumbai Immunology Group, India (MIG)
Awards & Achievements
|No||Name of Award/Scholarship||Issuing Authority||Year|
|1||National Merit Scholarship||Educational and Employment Dept. Govt. of Maharashtra||1984|
|2||Certificate of Merit for being selected first in the Science exhibition||Ulhasnagar,Mumbai University||1988|
|3||3.L. H. Hiranandani and A. J. Desai Award for the Best Poster||Bombay Hematology Group (23rd Annual Conference)||1999|
|4||3. L. H. Hiranandani and A. J. Desai Award for the Best Poster||Bombay Hematology Group (24th Annual Conference)||2000|
|5||Best Poster Award||ISHTRAMCON (43rd Annual Conference)||2002|
|6||J. C. Patel and B. C. Mehta Best Paper Award||Association of Physicians of India, (API)||2002|
|7||Best Paper Award||Indian Society of Immunology (30th Annual Conference)||2003|
|8||Dr. S. S. Misra Memorial Award for year 2004-2005||National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)||2005|
|9||International Union of Immunology Societies (IUIS/FIMSA)Travel Award||Indian Immunology Society 8th FIMSA/IIS Advanced Immunology Course||2006|
|10||J. C. Patel and B. C. Mehta Best Paper Award||Association of Physicians of India, (API)||2012|
|11||J. C. Patel and H. M. Bhatia Best Poster||Indian Immunology Society 8th FIMSA/IIS Advanced Immunology Course||20013|
- ( 2006- 2008 Post Doctoral Fellow, Immunology Department, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA. )
Publications : Total : 81 (International :36; National : 45)
- Umare V, Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Ghosh K, Nadkarni A. Predisposition of IL-1β (-511 C/T) polymorphism to renal and hematologic disorders in Indian SLE patients.Gene. 2017 Oct 12. pii: S0378-1119(17)30869-7
- Chougule D, Nadkar M, Rajadhyaksha A, Pandit P, Surve P, Dawkar N, Khadilkar P, Patwardhan M, Kaveri SV, Ghosh K, Pradhan V. Association of clinical and serological parameters of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients with Epstein-Barr virus antibody profile. J Med Virol. 2017 Jul 22. doi: 10.1002/jmv.24904.
- Umare VD, Pradhan VD, Rajadhyaksha AG,Ghosh K, Nadkarni AH. A Functional SNP MCP-1 (-2518A/G) predispose to renal disorder in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients Cytokine, 2017;96:189-194
- Khadilkar PV, Umare VD, Rajadhyaksha A, Chougule DA, Vaidya SP, Deshpande SD , Nadkarni AH, Pradhan VD. Pentraxin-3 and its association with C1q-CIC,hsCRP and proinflammatory cytokines (TNF, IL1) among SLE patients from India. Lupus Open Acess 2017; 2:1: 1000122.
- Vira H, Pradhan V, Umare V, Chaudhary A, Rajadhyksha A, Nadkar M, Ghosh K, Nadkarni A. Role of MMP-7 in the pathogenesis and prognosis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). Lupus. 2017 Aug;26(9):937-943
- 6. Umare VD, Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha AG, Patwardhan MM, Ghosh K, Nadkarni AH. Impact of TNF-α and LTα gene polymorphisms on genetic susceptibility in Indian SLE patients. Hum Immunol. 2017 Feb;78(2):201-208.
- Pradhan V, Kemp EH, Nadkar M, Rajadhyaksha A, Lokhandwala K, Patwardhan M, Weetman AP, Ghosh K. Association between the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletionpolymorphism and systemic lupus erythematosus: a report from western India. Scand J Rheum. 2015;44(5):425-7. doi: 10.3109/03009742.2015.1022214.
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Nadkar M, Pandit P, Surve P, Lecerf M, Bayry J, Kaveri S, Ghosh K. Clinical and autoimmune profile of scleroderma patients from Western India. Int J Rheumatol. 2014;2014:983781
- Umare V, Pradhan V, Nadkar M, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Ghosh KK, Nadkarni AH. Effect of proinflammatory cytokines (IL-6, TNF-α, and IL-1β) on clinical manifestations in Indian SLE patients. Mediators Inflamm. 2014;2014:385297.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Rajadhyaksha A, Dhawale N, Ghosh K. Neuropsychiatric manifestations and associated autoantibodies in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients from Western India. Rheumatol Int 2015;35(3):541-5.
- Kalathil SG, Lugade AA, Pradhan V, Miller A, Parameswaran GI, Sethi S, Thanavala Y. T regulatory cells and PD-1+ T cells contribute to effector T cell dysfunction in COPD patients American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014 May 13.
- Maiti AK, Kim- Howard X, Motghare P, Pradhan V, Chua KH, Sun C, Arango-Gurerrero MT, Ghosh K, Niewold TB, Harley JB, Anaya JM, Looger LL, Nath SK. Combined protein-and nucleic acid-level effects of rsl 1143679 (R77H), a Lupus-predisposing variant within ITGAM. Hum Mol Genet.2014 Mar 7.
- Prasannavar DJ, Yeola A, Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Rajadhyaksha A, K Ghosh. Distribution of HLA-DRβ1*alleles among well characterized Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rheumatology International, DOI 10.1007/S00296-013-2758-4.
- Lugade AA, Bharali DJ, Pradhan V, Elkin G, Mousa SA, Thanavala Y.Single low dose un-adjuvanted HBsAg nanoparticle vaccine elicits robust, durable immunity. Nanomedicine 2013; 9 (7), 923-934
- Patwardhan M, Pradhan V, Taylor LH, Thakkar V, Kharkar V, Khopkar U, Ghosh K, Gawkrodger DJ, Teare MD, Weetman AP, Kemp EH. The angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion polymorphism in Indian patients with vitiligo: a case–control study and meta-analysis. Br J Dermatol 2013; 168(6): 1195-1204.
- Pradhan V, Mahant G, Rajadhyaksha A, Surve P, Patwardhan M, Nadkarni A, Dighe S, Ghosh K. A study on anti-Mannose Binding Lectin (anti-MBL) antibodies and serum MBL levels in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients. Rheum Int 2012; DOI 10.1007/SO 0296-012-2588-9.
- Kangne HK, Jijina FF, Italia YM, Jain DL, Nadkarni AH, Gupta M, Pradhan V, Mukesh RD, Ghosh KK, Colah RB. The Fc receptor polymorphisms and expression of neutrophil activation markers in patients with sickle cell disease from Western India. Biomed Res Int. 2013; 2013: 457656. doi: 10.1155/2013/457656.
- Pradhan V. Ghosh K. Immunological disturbances associated with malarial infection. J Parasit Dis 2013;37 (1): 11-15.
- Devraj JP, Yeola A, Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Ghosh K. HLA-DR B1*04 Typing by simple in house PCR--SSP technique for Rheumatoid Arthritis patients. Rheumatol Int 2012 DOI 10.1007/s00296-012-2448-7.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Thakkar V, Kharkar V, Khopkar U, Ghosh K, Weetman AP, Gawkrodger DJ, Kemp EH. Vitiligo patients from India (Mumbai) show differences in clinical, demographic and autoantibody profiles compared to patients in western countries. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2011, DOI 04367, 10.11113083
- Shankarkumar U, Pradhan V, Patwardhan MM, Shankarkumar A, Ghosh K. Autoantibody profile and other immunological parameters in recurrent spontaneous abortion patients. Niger Med J. 2011 Jul-Sep; 52(3): 163–166.
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Dighe S, Ghosh K. Prevalence of anti- glycoprotein antibodies in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients. International Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2011, 2, 339-346.
- Lugade AA, Bianchi-Smiraglia A, Pradhan V, Elkin G, Murphy TF, Thanavala Y. Lipid Motif of a Bacterial Antigen Mediates Immune Responses via TLR2 Signaling. PLoS One. 2011;6(5):e19781.
- Pradhan V, Deshpande N, Nadkarni A, Patwardhan M, Surve P, Ghosh K. Fc gamma RIIIB polymorphisms : Their association with clinical manifestations an autoantibodies in SLE patients from Western India. Int J Rheum Dis 2010; 13:138- 143.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Nadkarni A, Ghosh K. Fc g RIIA genotypes and its association with anti- C1q autoantibodies in Lupus Nephritis (LN) patients from Western India. Autoimmune Diseases; 2010 : 1-6.
- Ghosh K, Patwardhan M. Pradhan V. Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection precipitates SLE in patients from endemic areas. Rheumatology International 2009; 29 (9): 1047-50.
- Shankar Kumar U, Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Pawar A, Almeida A, Ghosh K. HLA alleles in anti-endothelial cell antibody positive Indian SLE patients. Int J. Human Genetics 2009; 9(2) : 127-130.
- Bharali DJ, Pradhan V, Elkin G, Qi W, Hutson A, Mausa SA, Thanavala Y. Novel nanoparticles for the delivery of recombinant hepatitis B vaccine. Nanomedicine. 2008; 4(4):311-7.
- S. Umapathi, Pradhan V, Manisha P, Kanjaksha G. HLA allele associations among anti-endothelial cell antibody positive SLE patients from Western India. Tissue antigens 2008;72(3) 275-76.
- Ghosh K, Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Gupta M. Anti-endothelial cell antibodies in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Int J Rheum Dis; 2008; 11: 121-26.
- Ghosh K, Pradhan V, Ghosh K. Background noise of infection for using ANCA as a diagnostic tool for vasculitis in tropical and developing countries. Parasitol Res; 2008 ; 102(5): 1093-5.
- Shankar Kumar U, K.Ghosh, Pradhan V Badakere SS, Mohanty D. Immunogenetic association in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. J. Autoimmun 2005; 24(3): 227-33.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Shankar Kumar U. Higher preponderance of cytoplasmic ANCA and other autoantibodies in leprosy patients from Western India. Leprosy Review 2004; 75(1): 50-56.
- Badakere SS, Pradhan V, Almeida AF, Pawar AR. Rare cases of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) showing dual specificities to Myeloperoxidase and Proteinase 3 detected using immunofluorescence microscopy, Confocal Laser scanning microscopy and ELISA. Journal of fluorescence 2004; 14(4): 459-463.
- Pradhan V, Devraj JP, Shankar Kumar U, Badakere SS. Autoimmune studies and HLA associations in SLE patients from Mumbai. Intl J Human Genet 2004; 4(2): 141-146.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS., Ghosh K. Anti-histone and other autoantibodies in B thalassemia major patients receiving iron chelators. Acta Haematol. 2003; 109(1):35-39.
- Doley D, Kakati S, Saikia L, Rajadhyaksha A, Nadkar M, Khadilkar P , Patwardhan M, Pradhan V. A comparative study of Anti-Cardiolipin Antibodies among Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients from Western and Eastern India. J Assoc Physicians India J Assoc Physicians India. 2017;65(3):14-19.
- Umare V, Nadkarni A, Nadkar M, Rajadhyksha A, Khadilkar P, Ghosh K, Pradhan V. Do high sensitivity C-reactive protein and serum interleukin -6 levels correlate with disease with diseases activity in SLE patients. J Postgrad Med. 2016 Aug 17. doi: 10.4103/0022-3859.188550
- Shenoy A, Pradhan V. DNA Methylation and Silencing Of Gene Expression :Role in pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. IJBT (Accepted, May 2016).
- Pradhan V, Pandit P, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Surve P, Kamble P, Lecerf M, Bayry J, Kaveri S, Ghosh K. Serum ferritin and its association with hematological manifestations in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. J Assoc Physicians India. 2016 May;64(5):14-18.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Rajadhyksha A, Umare V, Khadilkar P, Kaveri SV, Ghosh K. Association of clinical presentation with anti-nuclear antibody specificities among SLE patients : A short report from Western India Indian J Nephrol. 2015 Nov-Dec;25(6):391-2. doi: 10.4103/0971-4065.160338
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Pandit P, Surve P, Ghosh K. Overlap of Sjogren’s Syndrome with Systemic Lupus Erythermatosus : A Report from Western India. AJIM 2015,5(1): 7-9.
- Pradhan V, Surve S, Rajadhyaksha A, Rajendran V, Patwardhan M, Umare V, Ghosh K, Nadharni A. Mannose binding gene (MBL)2 gene polymorphism and its association with clinical manifestations in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients. Indian J Med Res 2015;141(2):199-204.
- Pradhan V, Devraj JP, Rajdhayaksha G, Yeola A, Patwardhan M, Dhavale N, Ghosh K. A study on anti-cyclic peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies in Rheumtoid Arthritis Patients from Mumbai, Western India. AJIM 2014,4(1): 7-11.
- Pradhan V, Ghosh K. Developing a Medical Referral Service Laboratory for Autoimmune Diagnostics: A need for The North East Region, AJIM 2013 : 3(2) : 32-34.
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Surve P, Dhavale N, Pandit P, Ghosh K. High-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP): association with clinical subsets in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients from Western India. Ind J Rheum 2013; 8(2):66-67.
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Yadav K, Surve P, Patwardhan M, Dhavale N, Pandit P, Ghosh K. Anti-C Reactive Protein (anti-CRP) antibodies in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients. Indian J Nephrol 2013; 23(8): 434-437.
- Patwardhan M, Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Umare V, Rajendran V, Surve P, Ghosh K. Clinical and Serological Features of Male Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Patients from Western India. Ind J Rheumatol 2012; 7(4) 204-208.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Rajadhyaksha A, Ghosh K. Clinical and Immunological profile among pediatric SLE patients from Mumbai. Indian Pediatr. 2012. doi:pii: S097475591100764
- Pradhan V, Dalvi H, Devraj JP, Rajadhyaksha A, Patwardhan M, Ghosh K. Study of PTPN22 1858 C/T polymorphism in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients from western India. Ind J Rheumatol (Accepted, June 2012)
- Pradhan V, Das S, Surve P, Ghosh K. Toll-like receptors (TLRs) in autoimmunity with special reference to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): A review. IJHG 2012;18(2):155-60.
- Pradhan V, Singh R, Nadkarni A, Rajadhyaksha A. Ghosh K. A study of APO1/FAS polymorphism in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) : significance in clinical expression of disease. (JAPI Accepted Feb 2012)
- Pradhan V, Hire H, Ghosh K. Micro RNA profile in understanding pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Ind J Biotech 2012; 11 : 129-133.
- Pradhan V, Rajadhyaksha A, Mahant G, Surve P, Patwardhan M, Dighe S, Ghosh K. A Study on anti-C1q antibodies and their association with complement components in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients. IJN 2012;22(5): 353-7.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Athawale A, Taushid S, Ghosh K. Mycobacterium tuberculosis triggers autoimmunity ? Indian J Tuberc 2012; 59(1):49-51.
- Pradhan V, Gorakshakar A. Are mannose-binding lectin gene 2 (MBL2) polymorphisms and MBL deficiency associated with infections? Indian J Hum Genet. 2011 May;17(2):45-7.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Nadkarni A, Ghosh K. Fc gamma R IIB gene polymorphism in Indian Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients. IJMR 2011;134(2):181-5.
- Pradhan V, Borase V, Ghosh K. PTPN22 gene polymorphism in autoimmune diseases with special reference to systemic lupus Erythematosus disease susceptibility. JPGM 2010; 56(3):239-242.
- Pradhan V, Surve P, Ghosh K. Mannose binding lectin gene polymorphism in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). JAPI 2010;58:688-690.
- Pradhan V, Deshpande N, Ghosh K. Proteomic approach to autoimmune disorders : A review. Ind J. Biotech 2010; 9: 13-17.
- Singh R, Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Ghosh K. APO1/Fas gene : Structural and functional characteristics in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and other autoimmune diseases. IJHG 2009; 15(3): 98-102.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M. Ghosh K. Anti-nucleosome antibodies (anti-NCS) as a disease marker in SLE and it’s correlation with autoantibodies. Ind J Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology 2010;76(2):145-9.
- Pradhan V, K. Ghosh. Development of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) and vasculitis in BALB/c mice; a prototype of human ANCA associated disease ? J Appl Anim Res 2009; 36: 297-302.
- Pradhan V, Ghosh K. Anti-idiotypic antibodies in immune regulation of ANCAassociated vasculitis. Ind J Dermatology , 2009; 54(3):258-62.
- Pradhan V, Patwardhan M, Ghosh K. Fc gamma receptor polymorphisms in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and their correlation with the clinical severity of the disease. Ind J Human Gent 2008; 14(3):77-81
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Ghosh D, Almeida AF. ANCA: Serology in Wegener’s granulomatosis. Ind J Med Sci. 2005; 59(7):292-300.
- Pradhan V Immunodiagnosis of some rheumatic and autoimmune diseases; An overview. Immunohaemat Bulletin 2005;36(3):1-9.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Ghosh K, Pawar AR. Spectrum of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis overlaps with that of Wegener’s granulomatosis. Ind J.Med Sci 2004; 58(7): 283-288.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Bichile LS, Almeida AF. Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Prevalence, clinical associations and correlation with other autoantibodies. JAPI 2004; 52; 533-537.
- Shankar Kumar U, Devraj JP, Pradhan V, Badakere SS. HLA associations in ANCA positive patients from Mumbai, India. Human Immunology 2003; 64(10):S80.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS., Pawar AR., Almeida AF. Anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies (anti-MPO) in patients with Microscopic Polyangiitis. Ind J Med Sci 2003; 57(11): 479.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Iyer YS, Kumar R, Almeida AF. A study of anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibodies in systemic vasculitis and other related disorders. J Postgrad Med 2003; 49 : 5-10.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS., Ghosh K. A follow-up study of multiple transfused thalassemia major patients on the iron chelator, Deferiprone (L1). Ind. J. Hemat. & Blood Trans.2002; 21(2): 52-54.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Shankar Kumar U, Iyer YS, Ghosh K, Karnad D. Anti-Cardiolipinneutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in malaria. Ind J Malariology 2002; 39(3- 4):51-59
- Badakere SS,Pradhan V. ANCA : Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies and their role in vasculitis associated kidney disorders. Ind J Med Sci 2002 ; 56(7): 335-9.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS., Shankar Kumar U, Iyer YS., Ghosh K. Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) in Malaria. Ind. J. Hemat. & Blood Trans.2002; 20 (Suppl 1): 24.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS. Bichile LS, Dolas MP. Antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and other autoimmune disorders. JAPI 2002; 50 : 762-765.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS Vasantha K. Red cell antibodies in thalassemia major patients. Transfusion Bulletin update. 2002; X(1): 1-2.
- Badakere S, Pradhan V. ANCA : Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplamic Antibodies and their role in vasculitis associated kidney disorders. Immuno Hemat. Bulletin 2001; 32(2) :1-5.
- Pradhan V, Badakere SS, Vasantha K, Korgaonkar S, Punjwani S, Jaju N. Antibodies to red cells in -thalassemia major patients receiving multiple transfusions. Ind J Hemat. & Blood Trans. 2001; 19(4) : 100-101.
- Mangalwedhekar SS, Gogtay NJ, Manjula S, Badakere SS, Pradhan V, Kshirsagar NA. Phenytoin associated alopecia : Drug induced lupus. JAPI 2001; 49 : 929-931.
- Defects in the Fibrinolytic pathway as a cause of bleeding disorder in Indian patients: ICMR Extramural SRF project.
- Disorders of Fibrinolysis as a cause of Thrombophilia in Indian patients with Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): NIIH Intramural Project.
- Clinical spectrum and molecular basis of thrombotic microangiopathies: NIIH Intramural Project.
- Genomic and functional characterization of unclassified qualitative and quantitative inherited Platelet disorders.
- Modulation of the function of activated protein C (APC) to improve the clinical phenotype of haemophilia A.
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of Antithrombin (AT) deficiency in Indian patients with thrombosis.
- Assessment of diagnostic tests for monitoring bypassing agent therapy in Hemophilia patients with inhibitors.
- A Reverse Dot Blot assay for detecting arginine hot spot mutations in von Willebrand Disease. 2014- 2016: DST.
Clinical Experimental Immunology
|1||Ms.Durga Chougule||Ph.D Student|